You've all been eager to see more things added to Beatstar this year, so we’re excited to finally reveal a sneak peek of a new MULTIPLAYER event!
The team has been focused on three key areas over the past 6 months:
- Working on supporting the game day to day, this includes general improvements, monthly tour pass content and internal tooling to ensure the team can support the success of the game while remaining healthy.
- Designing, prototyping and developing a new high octane event that brings you head to head with other players!
- Designing and prototyping future new features for the game. We've nothing to announce on this right now, but there are some exciting new things coming to the game later this year!
We designed Beatstar from the ground up to be a PREMIUM rhythm game, this is really important to us, and we knew some players weren't getting the intended experience due to mistaps and performance issues. We've had several of the team purely focused on these and hope those of you suffering issues see a big improvement with this release.
We can’t wait for you to play the new event soon!
To make the Beatstar experience more enjoyable and accessible to everyone, we've made a handful of impactful improvements to core gameplay with this release.
- Fixed an issue that meant in some cases hold notes weren't delivering full points when they should have.
- Improved the overall responsiveness of the game.
- We're investigating the causes of missing tap bugs and have implemented a fix for an issue caused when devices would sometimes interpret double taps as a single swipe.
- Introduced a more lenient tap zone below tiles once they have entered the perfect bar.
Because of these changes, we recommend that you recalibrate the game after this update. Your Beatstar experience should feel overall much better!
To do so, tap the Menu in the top right > Sync Audio
SONGS ADDED TO THE JOURNEY
We’ve been listening to your feedback and are adding more songs to the Journey with this update!
Journey Level 14
Journey Level 15
Journey Level 16
We’ve made some changes to the Journey so new players can unlock features sooner!
- Unlock the Wishlist at 10 Stars
- Unlock Tour Pass at 15 Stars
- Unlock Hard Difficulty at 20 Stars
- Unlock Events at 30 Stars
- Unlock Extreme Difficulty at 75 Stars
We’re really excited for you to get your hands on this new update and see the changes for yourself!
As always, feel free to share your thoughts, suggestions or ideas with us on our socials:
The Beatstar Team