While we strive to optimize Beatstar for as many devices as possible, some things are beyond our direct control.
Here is a list of things to try if Beatstar is not performing well on your device. Some are device-specific, while others have been reported helpful by other Beatstar Fans ❤️
• Restart the device
• Turn off all background apps
• Change networks: use wifi instead of mobile data, or vice versa
• Don't charge your device while playing
• Clean the device screen
• Wash your hands
• Moisturize your fingertips (really helps with swipes)
There are a few things that players can tweak in their device settings to improve performance or ensure they can tap the beats correctly
Many devices have an adjustment to improve touch when using screen protectors. Try toggling this off or on.
• iOS: Go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Touch Accommodations > turn on Touch Accommodations.
• Android 10+: Go to device settings > display > touch sensitivity
Performance Improvement (Android)
• Clean application cache: In Android 10+ you can clear the application cache at device settings > apps > Beatstar > storage > cache. Do not clear Data unless you have linked your account to a Supercell ID.
• Clean device cache: In Android 10+ go to device settings > Battery and device care > and tap Optimize Now
• Turn off Power Saving Mode.
• Turn off "Optimize App Power Consumption" (device settings > battery > battery optimization > tap the menu on the top right corner > advanced optimization > optimize app power consumption). or if they'd like to keep that on, they can exclude Beatstar from it by going to settings > battery > battery optimization > Beatstar > don't optimize
• Turn off 'Adaptive Battery'
Tap Interference (Android)
• Huawei phones have a double tap feature called Hitouch that needs to be turned off on some phones. Go to settings > smart assistance > Hitouch
• Devices using Android 10 and higher have a swipe gesture navigation option that can interfere with Swipes. Go to devices settings > display > navigation bar to disable this.
Swipe Sensitivity (Android)
• Reduce Wheel Scroll Speed and Pointer Speed. Go to device Settings > General Management > Mouse and Trackpad. This is the setting that determines how sensitive your "mouse pointer" (which is your fingertip) is. Lower settings seem to help prevent premature/accidental swipes.